BoilerMaker G2 - 15 Gal - Blichmann ( Fahrenheit )
Designed and manufactured in the USA. We've made the perfect kettle Perfect-er!
The BoilerMaker™G2 brew kettles have been completely redesigned from the ground up with world-class American engineering and quality US manufacturing!* We've made a massive investment in tooling to build the best kettle on the planet right here at home. Using only the best materials, the BoilerMaker™G2 line of brew kettles is ideal for homebrewing – sacrificing neither features or quality and available in perfect sizes. Bare bones kettles might lure you in with attractive prices. But by the time you add extra equipment you need or want – all standard in the BoilerMaker™G2 – you’ll find our brew kettles are the best value and will be handed down for generations to come! All models carry a limited lifetime warranty and available in Celsius or Fahrenheit models.
This fresh design reflects the Blichmann Engineering passion for quality, ergonomics, aesthetics, performance, and simplicity — from such innovations as the stepped bottom, patented Button Louver™ false bottom, patented HopBlocker™, patent pending easy to adjust linear flow valve and snap-in dip tube. From subtle, but essential features like handle orientation for easier carrying, cool touch grips and a lid handle that can be conveniently rested on the kettle or anywhere in the brewery.
All the items you need come standard, installed, and ready to use:
- Heavy gauge, 304 single piece, deep drawn, weld-free American made construction will turn this kettle into a family heirloom*. We are so impressed with the quality of this kettle that we have given it a limited lifetime warranty!
- Patent pending G2 linear flow valve allows you to easily fine tune your flow rate for sparging, lautering and chilling, increasing the repeatability of your system. The built in 90 degree outlet can be oriented at any angle to make hose routing simple and kink-free. Eliminate those extra elbows and other fittings on the valve for clean and simple routing. Unlike other valves, the new G2 valve disassembles in seconds for a quick cleaning! The cool-touch silicone grip makes handling under fire easy, and the silicone material handles temps to 600° F so it won't melt like vinyl grips on ball valves do. The G2 linear flow valve is one of the many features tailored specifically for homebrewers. See the graph below for more details!
- We've also moved to a sleek brush finish to hide finger-prints and water stains to keep your kettle looking impeccable for years to come. Plus the interior finish is silky smooth for easy cleaning.
- High-impact glass-filled nylon handles are extremely durable, high temperature resistant, comfortable, and cool to the touch.
- We've even thought of the little touches like changing to an open lip on the top of the kettle that won't trap water when cleaning and drip leaving water stains.
- Blichmann Engineering™ was the innovator of the 1.2 height to diameter ratio not the imitator! All of our pots perform consistently and flawlessly with homebrewers needs at the forefront.
- Includes adjustable viewing angle BrewMometer™ with our unique patented brewing dial face - the ultimate in brewing convenience
- Standard heavy-duty borosilicate glass level gauge never clouds or scratches. Features rugged stainless steel guard with engraved volume graduations in gallon and liter, cleaning brush and clean-out ports. Much easier and more accurate than internal graduations. It will also act as a mash manometer and warn you of impending stuck mashes!
- Exclusive snap-in dip tube design installs without tools and drains to within 3/8” of the bottom of the kettle!
- Handle orientation that makes carrying easier and the lid can be stored on the kettle handle.
- Our exclusive Patented stepped ledge on the bottom of the kettle supports the mash screen evenly and virtually eliminates sidewall shunting.
- Optional Patented button louver false bottom is a hybrid of a perforated screen (high-efficiency) and a slotted manifold (plug resistance) that gives you the best of both!
- Optional Patented HopBlocker™ pellet hop filtration system keeps hops and hot break out of your fermentor.
Because of Blichmann Engineering’s™ commitment to continuous product improvement, design details may vary from the photos shown.
This graph explains why the flow of the G2 linear flow valve is easier to adjust than a ball valve. Ball valves are an economical and durable choice for on/off applications. But they are not ideal for flow control. A globe valve, like the new G2 linear flow valve, is ideal for applications where flow control is needed in addition to on/off operation. We have added a parabolic shape to the valve stem to make the flow characteristics nearly linear.
What does this mean and why is this ideal in this application? Looking at the blue line of the graph below, the G2 valve has a direct relationship between flow and position of the valve (a straight line). Specifically, when the valve is 1/4th (25%) open the flow is 1/4th (25%) of the maximum flow rate. At 1/2 open (50%) it is at half the max flow rate and so on. Therefore feathering the flow for sparging, lautering etc. is very intuitive and easy to control. The ball valve (the red line), on the other hand, has a flow that is not directly proportional to the position of the handle. When the valve is opened 1/4th of the way (25%), it puts out about 1/2 (50%) of its total flow. At half open (50%), it puts out about 3/4 (75%) of its full flow. This makes trimming the flow a little tricky.